Create an eye-catching kitchen look by adding an aquarium ★★★★★
Homeowners are always looking for something that will give their kitchen the edge on those of their friends and relatives.
But today people aren't afraid to experiment with colours, themes and textures, so it can be difficult to really make your kitchen stand out, unless you do what a couple from Essex did and add an aquarium.
Tracey Cole and her partner Andrew commissioned a local company which specialised in aquariums to create a stunning fish tank that sits between their wall units and worktops.
They said this stylish design element acts as a great focal point in their kitchen, especially since it has been edged in stainless steel to match the rest of the room.
Andrew and Tracey certainly aren't the only homeowners to have installed an aquarium in their kitchen.
In a recent article for the New York Times, interior designer Christopher Stevens said he is witnessing a growing trend for large fish tanks as focal points in the home.
- KBBC Kitchens Reviews its 2013 Kitchens (14/11/2012)
- KBBC Kitchens Reviews Its Latest Additional Products (06/07/2012)
- The best kitchens 'combine practical innovations and good looks' (02/07/2011)
- KBBC Kitchens Reviews Its Latest Stunning Timber Veneer Walnut Kitchen Range (21/04/2011)
- KBBC Kitchens Reviews The Latest In Contemporary Kitchen Design (18/04/2011)