Don't forget the walls when fitting new kitchens
When installing new kitchens, homeowners might also want to think about changing their wall decor and floors.
According to Gunjan Mehra of the Money Times, repainting or wallpapering the walls can be an easy way of refreshing the room and creating "a fresh and desirable look".
Homeowners may want to experiment with unusual colours during the kitchen design process, but they should ensure they choose a washable paint that makes it easy to clean any stains off the walls.
The writer also recommends changing window dressings and installing new backsplashes, commenting: "They are the most stylish and practical way of maintaining unblemished walls in your kitchen."
Scott Yetman of design company de Poitiers recently told the Montreal Gazette that warm colours on the walls can help to create an atmosphere of cosiness, while cooler shades are ideal for establishing a sense of space.
However, those with large kitchens should try to steer clear of overly dramatic colours.
- The best kitchens 'combine practical innovations and good looks' (02/07/2011)
- Designer Kitchens: A Fusion Of Functionality, Good Taste And Style (23/03/2011)
- A Quintessential Modern Kitchen For Homeowners With Exquisite Taste (23/03/2011)
- Use 'natural materials' for an on-trend contemporary kitchen (28/02/2011)
- Kitchen design is becoming more focused around cooking (28/02/2011)