Don't forget the walls when fitting new kitchens ★★★★★
When installing new kitchens, homeowners might also want to think about changing their wall decor and floors.
According to Gunjan Mehra of the Money Times, repainting or wallpapering the walls can be an easy way of refreshing the room and creating "a fresh and desirable look".
Homeowners may want to experiment with unusual colours during the kitchen design process, but they should ensure they choose a washable paint that makes it easy to clean any stains off the walls.
The writer also recommends changing window dressings and installing new backsplashes, commenting: "They are the most stylish and practical way of maintaining unblemished walls in your kitchen."
Scott Yetman of design company de Poitiers recently told the Montreal Gazette that warm colours on the walls can help to create an atmosphere of cosiness, while cooler shades are ideal for establishing a sense of space.
However, those with large kitchens should try to steer clear of overly dramatic colours.
- KBBC Kitchens Reviews its 2013 Kitchens (14/11/2012)
- KBBC Kitchens Reviews Its Latest Additional Products (06/07/2012)
- The best kitchens 'combine practical innovations and good looks' (02/07/2011)
- KBBC Kitchens Reviews Its Latest Stunning Timber Veneer Walnut Kitchen Range (21/04/2011)
- KBBC Kitchens Reviews The Latest In Contemporary Kitchen Design (18/04/2011)