Getting 'correct proportions' leads to a great kitchen design ★★★★★
That is according to leading architect Andre Rothblatt, who says proportions are one of the top eight most important elements in kitchen design.
According to Mr Rothblatt, who was a licensed building contractor before opening his own architectural firm in 1993, the second most important element of kitchen design is ensuring all elements - particularly cabinets - are in complementary sizes.
"One design element that distinguishes a great kitchen design and gives it that tailored look is the correct proportions," he said.
"The correct proportions are achieved by the visual relationship of the width of each cabinet as it relates to its height and then how it relates to the other cabinets and room."
This week, green designer Penny Bonda revealed that she has recently given her own kitchen an environmentally-friendly makeover.
The refurbishment included using carbon-neutral material for the cabinets and keeping the horizontal design elements of the original kitchen.
- KBBC Kitchens Reviews its 2013 Kitchens (14/11/2012)
- KBBC Kitchens Reviews Its Latest Additional Products (06/07/2012)
- The best kitchens 'combine practical innovations and good looks' (02/07/2011)
- KBBC Kitchens Reviews Its Latest Stunning Timber Veneer Walnut Kitchen Range (21/04/2011)
- KBBC Kitchens Reviews The Latest In Contemporary Kitchen Design (18/04/2011)