Interior design recommends rolling shutters for kitchens ★★★★★
People looking for fitted kitchens may wish to have rolling shutters installed on the cupboards, as they are a stylish way to save space.
That is according to Gill Richardson, an interior designer who wrote for the Guardian newspaper's Space Solves feature this weekend.
The rolling shutters save space that would otherwise be taken up by a door, making the solution perfect for narrow kitchens or flats with little space.
However, using the rolling shutters - which are often called tambour doors - is not merely a useful space-saver.
"From a design point of view, it offers a modern or industrial vibe to cupboard fronts," Mr Richardson wrote.
Last week, an interior designer called Emily Henderson said traditional kitchens can benefit from having just such an industrial touch.
"The huge contrast between industrial and traditional is what makes [modern kitchens] work," she told the Canadian Press.
Other touches of the industrial style that may complement a modern kitchen include cement floors and exposed brick walls.
- KBBC Kitchens Reviews its 2013 Kitchens (14/11/2012)
- KBBC Kitchens Reviews Its Latest Additional Products (06/07/2012)
- The best kitchens 'combine practical innovations and good looks' (02/07/2011)
- KBBC Kitchens Reviews Its Latest Stunning Timber Veneer Walnut Kitchen Range (21/04/2011)
- KBBC Kitchens Reviews The Latest In Contemporary Kitchen Design (18/04/2011)