Kitchen repainting 'an easy New Year project' ★★★★★
Homeowners looking to give their kitchen a quick update in time for the New Year could consider a simple lick of paint.
In an article for WLFI.com, home improvement expert Jay Baker said painting is the perfect task to undertake during the holidays.
He explained that a kitchen can be repainted in as little as a day, allowing homeowners to bring the room up to date for 2011 before they go back to work and find their free time lacking.
However, he warned against putting new paint on the walls without carrying out a quick colour test first.
Indeed, Mr Baker pointed out that paints can look very different depending on the lighting in the room and the surrounding furniture.
"So many people find something they love at the store but they bring it home and it's not right in their room," he explained.
Speaking to the GateHouse News Service, a representative from Dutch Boy Paints said nature-inspired greens and warm golds are hot colour trends for 2011, while windswept and washed effects will also be popular.
- KBBC Kitchens Reviews its 2013 Kitchens (14/11/2012)
- KBBC Kitchens Reviews Its Latest Additional Products (06/07/2012)
- The best kitchens 'combine practical innovations and good looks' (02/07/2011)
- KBBC Kitchens Reviews Its Latest Stunning Timber Veneer Walnut Kitchen Range (21/04/2011)
- KBBC Kitchens Reviews The Latest In Contemporary Kitchen Design (18/04/2011)