LED lighting 'to take centre stage' in the kitchen
Lighting is an important consideration in the kitchen and in the coming year it will be LED bulbs that prove most popular.
This is the prediction of interior designer Charles Pavarini, who said in an article for silive.com that LEDs will take centre stage in the home in 2011.
He said the aesthetics of LEDS will drive their popularity, as will their environmental credentials.
Indeed, LEDs are longer lasting and more energy efficient, making them an excellent choice for those hoping to make their kitchens greener.
"I think a trend will be toward how we can be more energy efficient with these new types of light bulbs," Mr Pavarini remarked.
While LEDs may be well suited for bright task lighting in the kitchen, they can also be used to create mood lighting for dining areas.
Lighting design expert Eva Hammerson recently referred to mood lighting is "indescribable stardust" and said LEDs are playing an increasingly large role in creating atmosphere in the home.
- The best kitchens 'combine practical innovations and good looks' (02/07/2011)
- Designer Kitchens: A Fusion Of Functionality, Good Taste And Style (23/03/2011)
- A Quintessential Modern Kitchen For Homeowners With Exquisite Taste (23/03/2011)
- Use 'natural materials' for an on-trend contemporary kitchen (28/02/2011)
- Kitchen design is becoming more focused around cooking (28/02/2011)