Turn your chimney breast into a kitchen feature
Homeowners lucky enough to have a fireplace in their kitchen may be wondering what to do with their chimney breast.
Indeed, while a fireplace lends itself perfectly to the country cottage look, those hoping to create a more modern feel in their kitchen may be out of ideas.
According to an article in the November issue of Sainsbury's Magazine, a chimney breast can become a real feature with the right approach to decor.
The publication recommended painting a coloured panel across the front of the chimney breast and using it to create an usual and textured wall display.
It suggested using white plaster pieces such as decorative ceiling moldings to create a contrast with the bright colour on the chimney breast.
Alternatively, busy families could use the space to display pictures, children's paintings, chores rotas or calendars.
If the fireplace itself is not being used, the area could become a handy display for flower arrangements.
- The best kitchens 'combine practical innovations and good looks' (02/07/2011)
- Designer Kitchens: A Fusion Of Functionality, Good Taste And Style (23/03/2011)
- A Quintessential Modern Kitchen For Homeowners With Exquisite Taste (23/03/2011)
- Use 'natural materials' for an on-trend contemporary kitchen (28/02/2011)
- Kitchen design is becoming more focused around cooking (28/02/2011)