Use 'natural materials' for an on-trend contemporary kitchen
One of the leading kitchen design trends for the rest of this year is to be the use of "natural materials" such as bamboo, according to an Essex-based construction firm.
A spokesperson for Legendary Builders said that people planning kitchens should not focus on man-made materials in the room.
"Forget plastics and other man-made materials. All the best kitchens in 2011 will be using natural materials including stone, solid wood and bamboo," he said.
"Each of these materials comes in many varieties and finishes to suit any decor, but appearance is only part of the appeal."
The spokesman added that natural materials are largely "extremely durable" and easy to maintain.
Earlier this month, an article on UKTV's Home website suggested that people looking for a material for their kitchen floor should contemplate using slate or stone for the luxury look.
The article also emphasised the durability of the materials and stated that using slate or stone on a kitchen floor will add value to the house.
- The best kitchens 'combine practical innovations and good looks' (02/07/2011)
- Designer Kitchens: A Fusion Of Functionality, Good Taste And Style (23/03/2011)
- A Quintessential Modern Kitchen For Homeowners With Exquisite Taste (23/03/2011)
- Kitchen design is becoming more focused around cooking (28/02/2011)
- Every penny spent on a new kitchen 'is seen as an investment' (27/02/2011)