Use storage space wisely to make the most of a small kitchen ★★★★★
Leigh, who writes for UKTV's Home website, was giving advice on kitchen design solutions for people who are planning to create a kitchen in a small space.
"Kitchen units with only a subtle finger-pull instead of a handle are more seamless in a small space where surface distractions can make a room feel more claustrophobic," she said.
"Units with a high gloss surface are reflective, so they're ideal for bouncing light around [while] pull-out shelf storage makes the most of deep units without using up too much width."
Other solutions that designers may want to try when they are planning a new kitchen in a small space are corner carousel units or corner sinks.
According to designer Hannah Barnes, reflective metallic accessories can break up matt colour and make a kitchen seem bigger.
- KBBC Kitchens Reviews its 2013 Kitchens (14/11/2012)
- KBBC Kitchens Reviews Its Latest Additional Products (06/07/2012)
- The best kitchens 'combine practical innovations and good looks' (02/07/2011)
- KBBC Kitchens Reviews Its Latest Stunning Timber Veneer Walnut Kitchen Range (21/04/2011)
- KBBC Kitchens Reviews The Latest In Contemporary Kitchen Design (18/04/2011)