Eye level ovens 'perfect for families with children' ★★★★★
An eye level oven not only looks great in a modern fitted kitchen, but it can also be safer if you have young children in the home.
Real Homes magazine recommends such appliances as a stylish design element and a practical solution to kitchen safety.
As any mum or dad will know, little ones can be extremely curious, which means kitchens can be hazardous places if they are not designed correctly.
Indeed, researchers in the US discovered recently that most children between the age of 12 and 23 months can reach as high as the average kitchen worktop.
If ovens are installed at this level, youngsters could easily switch them on accidentally or burn themselves when the appliances are in use.
Fitting an oven into kitchen cabinets at eye level eliminates this problem and also means adults don't need to keep bending over when they are cooking.
Real Homes said that if one single oven isn't enough for a busy family, then two can be installed side-by-side to create a stylish and symmetrical look.
- ETDS Has Hit the Market (29/08/2012)
- ETDS Has Arrived and is Exclusive to KBBC Kitchens (29/08/2012)
- Baumatic Introduces Compact Kitchen Appliance Range (23/03/2011)
- Environmentally-friendly kitchens and appliances are 'the in thing' (28/02/2011)
- Breville unveils new combination kitchen appliance (24/02/2011)