'Have a list of questions to ask' when buying kitchen appliances
According to Alisa Herodes, writing in the Great Falls Tribune, people should keep a variety of things in mind when purchasing a new appliance, be it a washing machine or a coffee maker.
Ms Herodes recommends inquiring about delivery options and asking whether the electronics retailers offer to pick up your old device.
The journalist also emphasises the importance of a warranty, even though she originally scorned the idea.
She wrote: "When I recently purchased a computer I was asked if I was interested in adding an extended warranty. My first reaction was, why? Am I purchasing a piece of junk?
"I got over myself and went ahead and took the extended warranty. In hindsight I was glad I did."
According to Cal Eklund, an owner of an appliance store, the average cost of repair for an appliance is £92.
- Baumatic Introduces Compact Kitchen Appliance Range (23/03/2011)
- Breville unveils new combination kitchen appliance (24/02/2011)
- People should take care over kitchen appliances, says expert (23/02/2011)
- New appliance offers more kitchen space and a bar area (23/02/2011)
- 'Try before you buy' when deciding on kitchen appliances (21/02/2011)