'Have a list of questions to ask' when buying kitchen appliances ★★★★★
According to Alisa Herodes, writing in the Great Falls Tribune, people should keep a variety of things in mind when purchasing a new appliance, be it a washing machine or a coffee maker.
Ms Herodes recommends inquiring about delivery options and asking whether the electronics retailers offer to pick up your old device.
The journalist also emphasises the importance of a warranty, even though she originally scorned the idea.
She wrote: "When I recently purchased a computer I was asked if I was interested in adding an extended warranty. My first reaction was, why? Am I purchasing a piece of junk?
"I got over myself and went ahead and took the extended warranty. In hindsight I was glad I did."
According to Cal Eklund, an owner of an appliance store, the average cost of repair for an appliance is £92.
- ETDS Has Hit the Market (29/08/2012)
- ETDS Has Arrived and is Exclusive to KBBC Kitchens (29/08/2012)
- Baumatic Introduces Compact Kitchen Appliance Range (23/03/2011)
- Environmentally-friendly kitchens and appliances are 'the in thing' (28/02/2011)
- Breville unveils new combination kitchen appliance (24/02/2011)