Range cookers 'popular kitchen appliances' ★★★★★
Range cookers are becoming an increasingly popular addition to the kitchen, according to interior design expert Elspeth Pridham.
In November's issue of Kitchens Bedrooms & Bathrooms, she said that although they take up more floor space, they are a worthy investment for keen cooks.
She suggested that the "dreary economic climate" has left many homeowners hankering after a "cosy golden age", where range cookers fit right in.
The growing emphasis on the kitchen as a place for socialising has also boosted their popularity, she claimed.
Ms Pridham pointed out that range cookers provide greater capacity than a standard built-in oven and usually have a generous hob with up to five burners.
"Although previously viewed as traditional, you don't have to live in a rustic farmhouse to qualify for a range," she remarked.
"Over the last few years modern, streamlined designs have come to the fore, so for every classic red Esse or AGA there is a stainless steel Wolf or Rangemaster."
- ETDS Has Hit the Market (29/08/2012)
- ETDS Has Arrived and is Exclusive to KBBC Kitchens (29/08/2012)
- Baumatic Introduces Compact Kitchen Appliance Range (23/03/2011)
- Environmentally-friendly kitchens and appliances are 'the in thing' (28/02/2011)
- Breville unveils new combination kitchen appliance (24/02/2011)